IR (Infrared) Proximity Sensor Module The OSEPP IR Proximity Sensor Module measures distances.
It utilizes the Sharp GP2Y0D805Z0F measuring sensor unit which is composed of an integrated combination of photo diode infrared emitting diode and a signal processor.
The digital value from the proximity sensor is read out on the I2C bus.The module uses the I2C interface for data communication. The I2C lines are packaged with the power and ground lines into a modular connector which allows easy plug and play operation. There are two connectors on the module to enable daisy chaining of multiple I2C devices together.
This sensor module is ideal for designs that need to detect objects within a certain range or designs that need to avoid obstacles. It can also be used as a touchless switch.
- Plug and play with OSEPP I2C Expansion Shield.
- Detection range of 0.5 to 5.0 cm.
- Supports I2C interfacing
- 4 programmable 7bit address (0x20 0x22 0x24 0x26) to allow up to 4 OSEPP IR Proximity Sensor module to exist on the same I2C bus.
- Provides passthrough connector to support daisy chaining of multiple sensors from the OSEPP Sensor Module family.
- Provides 0.1in breakout points for power and I2C interface pin access.
- Form Factor 23 mm x 36 mm
- Power Consumption 475 mW
- Connector Pin Definition
- Pin 1: Power
- Pin 2: I2C Data
- Pin 3: Ground
- Pin 4: I2C Clock